The Hohe Tauern really is a breath-taking area. Natural processes occurring over millions of years have created the highest summits in the country and these are covered with eternal ice. Anyone who would like to experience this wonderful, Alpine adventure realm at first-hand, is best to head to the Mölltal Glacier – a genuine highlight in the region around Flattach in Mölltal.
Get there in just a few minutes
Starting from Flattach, the Mölltal Glacier really is a mere stone’s throw away. It takes just a few minutes to drive to the valley station for the glacier lifts. Here it takes the gondola lift just a few minutes more to get you right into the high mountains at 3000m altitude. From the lift valley station you get to enjoy a breath-taking view across all of the 3000 metre mountains in the region; views you will never be able to get enough of.
Hiking paradise in the high mountains
Got your sturdy shoes on, good all-weather clothing and are you au fait with hiking in the high mountains? Then you ought to tackle one of the lovely hikes on the Mölltal Glacier. The Eissee trail starts right at the Eissee panorama restaurant and is an ideal excursion for families and their children, as is the Duisburger trail heading to Duisburger Hütte. More expertise is required for the glacier hiking trail, the altitude hiking trail and for the crossing into Kleinfragant and a bit of expertise in mountaineering is required.
Facts & interesting information about the Mölltal Glacier
- Mountain station for the Mölltal glacier lift just beneath 3000 m
- Highest point is the Schareck at 3122m altitude
- Panorama restaurant Eissee – providing dreamy panoramic views
- 9 lift facilities, 17.4 km ski pistes, 7 km FIS race route and carving pistes
- In summer there are over 10 hiking tours of varying difficulty levels
- Views of up to 30 summits, including the 3798m Großglockner
- In summer cable car & gondola use is included with the Kärnten Card
- Ski Opening on 9th & 10th of November 2019
- And there is so much more to explore and discover